REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
FEATURED ARTIST FOR CB CHALK WALK
CENTER FOR THE ARTS, CRESTED BUTTE
606 6th Street
Crested Butte, CO
Invitation and Intent:
The Center for the Arts in Crested Butte invites all interested and qualified persons capable of providing the required products to submit proposals for the position of the Featured Artist for the 1st Annual CB Chalk Walk on June 30, 2018. The Center is looking to hire an artist to create a commissioned piece of chalk art that will be given a special display sight during the event.
Scope of Services Requested:
- Assist in creating the environment and setting the tone for this community art making event with the creation of a “family/community” appropriate piece of work. (Words are okay, but no advertisements. Max space is 8’ x 10’, but the artist may propose smaller).
- Visit with spectators and participants as they watch you work and help them get inspired both during and after the 10:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. art creation time on Saturday, June 30.
- This commissioned piece of artwork will not participate in the competition, or be judged by our panel, but you will instead be paid to create a signature piece for the event (see below for budget).
- The artwork is required to be completed by 3:00 p.m. on the day of the event. And the Featured Artist has two full days, Friday, June 29 & Saturday, June 30 to complete the work.
- The rain date for this event is Sunday, July 1, so the Featured Artist must also be available on Sunday in the case of a rain delay.
- The artist is responsible for providing your own supplies.
Budget and Timeline:
The Featured Artist will be paid $500 to complete the chalk art piece.
April 30Request for Proposal Posted
June 1Deadline to submit proposals to the Center for the Arts
June 10CB Chalk Walk Featured Artist Selection will be Announced
June 29 & 30Artwork to be completed by 3:00 PM on June 30
Below is the outline of the items interested artists MUST submit to be considered for the Featured Artist position:1. An 8.5” x 11” sketch or visual representation of your proposed chalk artwork.
2. A reminder that artwork should be “family/community friendly.” Words are okay, but no advertisements or political statements.
3. Indicate the amount of space you will need to complete your work. A maximum space of 8’ X 10’ will be available to use.
4. Please outline your estimated timeline to complete your work, so we can properly prepare your environment. The space will be available all day on Friday, June 29 through 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, June 30 for you to complete the piece.
5. Please outline your previous experience with temporary outdoor chalk art, if any. And include any other relevant work that showcases your ability to complete this piece. You may include both written descriptions and photos.
6. Please provide us with a statement that speaks to your ability to engage with and talk with the crowd about your process and the work that you are doing.
Proposals should be submitted to Melissa Mason, Visual Arts Director, Center for the Arts. Proposals must be submitted in either electronic or hardcopy formats:
Electronic – Submit your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title email and attached submission documents “CB Chalk Walk – Artist Name”
Hardcopy – Please mail a paper copy to: Center for the Arts, Attn: Melissa Mason, CB Chalk Walk, PO Box 1819, Crested Butte, CO 81224. Please be sure to include on the back of the hardcopy “CB Chalk Walk – Artist Name”. Or you may drop off hardcopies to Melissa in the upstairs office at the Center at 606 6th St in Crested Butte.
All proposal should be labeled “CB Chalk Walk Artist Proposal” with the artist’s name on the outside of a sealed envelope.
All proposals must be received in either electronic or hardcopy formats by the Crested Butte Center for the Arts on June 1, 2018 by 5:00 p.m. MST. Proposals received after this time will not be considered.
The CB Chalk Walk Selection Committee will award the bid for the Featured Artist that serves the CB Chalk Walk’s best interest; therefore, the following criteria will be used when evaluating proposals:
- Artwork ideas that complement and enhance the character, community spirit, aesthetics, and overall environment of the CB Chalk Walk Event.
- The proposal meets the specifications for the desired piece of artwork.
- Proposals that are complete and on time
Reserved Rights: The CB Chalk Walk reserves the right to:
• Waive minor irregularities;
• Reject any and/or all responses to this RFP and to seek new proposals when it is in the best interest of the CB Chalk Walk to do so;
• Seek clarification or additional information from respondents as it deems necessary to the evaluation of the response;
• Request any additional information or evidence from individual respondents.
• Incorporate this RFP and the selected team’s response to this RFP as a part of any formal agreement between the CB Chalk Walk and the respondent;
• Negotiate modifications to the RFP with the selected respondent as part of the negotiation process.
• Successful Vendor must complete a W-9 form (Taxpayer Identification No.).
• The CB Chalk Walk is exempt from all local, state and federal taxes.
• The CB Chalk Walk reserves the right to reject any and all quotes and to waive informalities and minor irregularities in quotes received and to accept any portion of the quote if deemed in the best interest of the CB Chalk Walk.
Hold Harmless: By participation in this RFP process, development teams agree to hold harmless the CB Chalk Walk, it officers and employees from all claims, liabilities and costs related to all aspects of the development team selection process.
Public Information: All documents, conversations, correspondence, etc. between the CB Chalk Walk and respondents are public information subject to the laws and regulations that govern the CB Chalk Walk, unless specifically identified otherwise.
Expenses: All expenses related to any development team’s response to this RFP, or other expenses incurred while the selection process is underway, are the sole obligation and responsibility of that proposer.