The Kissidugu Foundation and the Center for the Arts are proud to present:
20th ANNIVERSARY CAMP MERVEILLES: Camp Merveilles is a five-day event, celebrating arts and artists from Africa and the Diaspora with participants from around the nation. Esteemed faculty will share traditional and contemporary cultural arts with participants of all ages, identities, and abilities, offering over 40 different class options in music, drum, song, and dance for adults, and a kids’ camp for ages 7 to 12. This event also includes a daily public African market, evening events, and a theater performance featuring musicians and dancers from the Ballet Merveilles, (the renowned company from Guinea, West Africa), along with Guinea acrobats, a former Broadway star of FELA, a student showcase and more!
Please see below for lodging and travel information.
Kissidugu Foundation’s Camp Merveilles Full Pass | $325 Wed – Sun
Kissidugu Foundation’s Camp Merveilles Punch Card | $225 Wed – Sun
Kissidugu Foundation’s Camp Merveilles Drop In Classes | $25 a class Wed – Sun
Crested Butte is a beautiful mountain town and there are several options to get here.
- Gunnison Airport (GUC) 40 minute drive
- Montrose Airport (MTJ) 1.5 hour drive
- Denver Airport (DEN) 4–5-hour drive
- Grand Junction Airport (GJT) 2.5-hour drive
- Colorado Springs Airport (COS) 3-hour drive
SHUTTLE AND BUS SERVICES:
- FREE Local Bus Sytem: http://www.gunnisonvalleyrta.com (use Safeway stop from airport)
- Bus for CO travel from multiple airports: https://ridebustang.com
- Local Shuttle Service: https://www.crestedbutteshuttle.com
- Multiple CO airport shuttle services:
Fara Tolno | Mamady Sano | Marietou Camara | Ismael Bangoura | Fode Bangoura | Naby Bangoura | Djeneba Sako | Rujeko Dumbutshena | Nafi Diabate | Aicha Camara | Etienne Tolno | Kerfalla Camara | Mami Sayon Camara | N’famoussa Soumah | Soriba Fofana | Mohamed Lamine Bangoura | Abou Camara (faculty subject to change)
**DETAILED DAILY SCHEDULE COMING SOON!!!**
Find information for the Kids Camp here.
For further information or assistance with Camp Merveilles please contact Angela Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org